Re: FRENCH GP - TEST RACE - 14TH MARCH

Post by steviejb on Wed 11 Mar - 3:00

Was quite happy with this lap this evening! Very Happy

Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent on Wed 11 Mar - 12:10

http://9gag.com/gag/aNZgyg0

Here we have exclusive footage of one Kyran's practice laps.
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin on Wed 11 Mar - 12:55

Rofl, I hope it doesn't happen in the race. Resetting router before Quali for sure!
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin on Wed 11 Mar - 16:57

Jimmy Broadbent wrote:Dno yet! I'll probably just end up running the opposite to Kyran to see what happens.

I'll probably run the opposite strategy to Jimmy, see how it unfolds.
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sat 14 Mar - 13:36

Given the daylight savings changes in the US recently, these are now the times of the sessions:

Saturday -- 20:00 GMT -- Qualifying (16:00 Eastern)
    Saturday -- 20:30 GMT -- Warmup (16:30 Eastern)
    Saturday -- 20:40 GMT -- Race (16:40 Eastern)
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sat 14 Mar - 18:01

Server restarted, two hours to qualifying!

Empty Box

Post by Empty Box on Sat 14 Mar - 21:23

Well, that start was a mess. I think half the grid got caught out on cold tires and the other half was sideways before turn 1. Sorry to the guy who was on the outside of me, I was expecting cold tires, but they were even colder than expected it seemed.

I clipped the curb in the first chicane, spun, hit the wall (but with limited damage may have been able to drive it still) but got stuck in the gravel. That was my race over. Ah well, just a test race so no biggie.

Looks like there should be a lot of competition in the mid pack though. Like, a lot a lot.
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sat 14 Mar - 21:48

Yeeeeeh, I knew there was going to be cold tyres and I still screwed up. D:

Leave all the constructive feedback you can guys.

Main issue from my point of view, server lag. Anyone else have any sort of lag issues?

Rhys Gardiner

Post by Rhys Gardiner on Sat 14 Mar - 22:02

steviejb wrote:Main issue from my point of view, server lag. Anyone else have any sort of lag issues?

I did (was to be expected though as I am in Australia-land). Still it was a bit more than what I'm used to from american servers. I rear-ended April at the first chicane (which I once again apologise for) and on my screen I wasn't touching her.

My race was eventful. Turn in for T1, and suddenly everyone's beached it like whales! Then there was a cavalcade of errors from myself that put me on the back foot. It took me a long time to get into my groove, but when I did, I felt great. And it showed in my result - 6th and the most positions gained!

I'm more excited than ever for this series now that the test race is complete. Good racing guys, see you at Melbourne!
    Adam Clarkson

Post by Adam Clarkson on Sat 14 Mar - 22:06

I'm from Australia and I didn't notice much lag at all

TeroD

Post by TeroD on Sat 14 Mar - 22:18

Yeah, pings were somewhat high for me here in Finland. I think I only saw one car under 150 and even that was in the 120's but practically everyone's ping was 150-250 that I noticed.

And I think I broke the game, for me anyway. I totally forgot about parc fermé and messed aroudn with soft tyres but kept crashing and didn't put a time in. I then loaded a set with hard tyres and took out the fuel and did the first timed lap with that set. After that the sest was locked. But in the race my only options for tyres were "no change" and "softs".

So I went with softs as I defintely needed new tyres Very Happy But I only had fuel for about lap 24 or 25 so that made the last 5 mins of the second stint quite interesting!

But back to the issue. Maybe it's a known issue that it picks the compound you go out with first even if you don't complete a timed lap. But doesn't lock the setup until you've done one.
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sat 14 Mar - 22:35

Race results added to the bottom of the first post.
    AdamT

Post by AdamT on Sat 14 Mar - 23:13

Sorry about my awfull start and then random disconnection issues. Other than that my race was better than expected. farao
    Lewis McGlade

Post by Lewis McGlade on Sat 14 Mar - 23:16

Well that for a test race has got me super pumped for the season Smile Didn't think I was going to be top 10 here or even finish the race. To say I qualied 6th and finished 4, feels good Smile Very much looking forward to the season.
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sun 15 Mar - 2:03

TeroD wrote:And I think I broke the game, for me anyway. I totally forgot about parc fermé and messed aroudn with soft tyres but kept crashing and didn't put a time in. I then loaded a set with hard tyres and took out the fuel and did the first timed lap with that set. After that the sest was locked. But in the race my only options for tyres were "no change" and "softs".

That is quite curious. It's like it locked it, but forgot to do it in the actual setup menu. Weird.

Also, race replay is now available at the bottom of the first post. Smile
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin on Sun 15 Mar - 7:12

Thoroughly enjoyed that race, qualifying was abysmal but I got away with a front row thanks to my softs.(stay salty Bailey Wink) Perfect getaway with a 3 second lead after lap one. I decided it would be boring to run away and win so I took the er... 'scenic route' at turn 3. Did allow me to stretch my overtaking legs however, some awesome racing drivers in this field! If I bumped anyone then I apologize, I was 'pushing like a-hell' in true Trulli fashion. :p Brought it home 3rd, again. I'm cursed I swear... Looking forward to Australia!
    Nicolas Hillebrand

Post by Nicolas Hillebrand on Sun 15 Mar - 14:04

I really liked overall how the race went. I apologize again to Rhys and Adam for those 2 stupid mistakes I made. And even with losing loads of places when I went off 3 times, but it was even more fun fighting the way back up. Now I really hope that there will be a spot for me at Melbourne Smile
    ChardAllen

Post by ChardAllen on Sun 15 Mar - 15:46

The highlight for me, was going through turn one, watching everyone sailing through the gravel. Then waiting a lap, and doing exactly the same thing.

Midfield fighting should be strong though, looking forward to it a lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jul - 10:41