AUSTRALIAN GP - ROUND 1 - 21ST MARCH

Lewis McGlade

Re: AUSTRALIAN GP - ROUND 1 - 21ST MARCH

Post by Lewis McGlade on Sun 22 Mar - 2:26

Couple of pictures from the race, might be willing to do the odd cheeky request if you pm me. Bare in mind though I am only limited by the visuals of the cars. The Ferrari turned out much better than expected, doesn't mean all of them will.
    Scautura

Post by Scautura on Sun 22 Mar - 11:33

As the mobile chicane at the back of the pack, I feel I need to offer to drop out if I'm causing too many issues (I'm not a quitter - I'm not going to drop out otherwise as I'm enjoying pushing myself in a car I've got very little experience of!) I don't think I caused many problems, but I'd like to hear other people's point of view.

I'm not a good open wheel driver - in fact, I've made it very clear that I hate open wheelers. That said, I felt it was worth giving a try and getting out of my comfort zone. At the moment, I'm not quick, and I make a lot of mistakes. If I've ended up off the circuit and there are people behind me, I'd rather stay out of the way and wait until they're past me before I get back on. That's not always possible (I had a moment where I spun in the middle of the circuit and couldn't get out of the way before Adam Clarkson came around the corner - Sorry Adam! I felt it best to hold still until you came past so you could figure out which way to go) but I do try. I also had a moment where I botched my braking and almost collected Jimmy as he was lapping me (you can see it on his recording).

I did have issues with Trackmap showing people all over the place (I'm assuming this was down to the lag issues) so although I was trying to be aware of cars around me, it didn't always help.

I feel like I did better here than at Magny Cours (even with much less practice) in lap times. I'm still crap though affraid
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent on Sun 22 Mar - 11:34

My race actually went pretty well. Had a decent start and managed to get up to 4th by the end of the first lap. As expected, Bailey re-passed me, but what wasn't expected was Kyran's contact with Mills. This led to a rather frantic 'rejigging' of pitstops which unfortunately led to Kyran finishing outside the points. Both the Arrows cars were constantly pushing me, in particular Lewis who actually managed to pass me just after the first stop. Luckily for me, Lewis had issues with a lapped car which allowed me to hold on to 4th.

Driving standards are something we take seriously in this league. If there is a legitimate protest then PM either Bailey or me and we'll take a look at it for you. Hopefully we can just chalk up most the incidents to first race nerves.

I didn't notice any lag, but I only had a couple of cars in front of me so that may be the reason.

Video!

Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent on Sun 22 Mar - 11:38

Scautura wrote:As the mobile chicane at the back of the pack, I feel I need to offer to drop out if I'm causing too many issues (I'm not a quitter - I'm not going to drop out otherwise as I'm enjoying pushing myself in a car I've got very little experience of!) I don't think I caused many problems, but I'd like to hear other people's point of view.

It's up to you tbh Chris. You were inside the 110% rule which means you qualified to race. This series may even serve as good practice for you.
    Scautura

Post by Scautura on Sun 22 Mar - 11:50

Jimmy Broadbent wrote:It's up to you tbh Chris. You were inside the 110% rule which means you qualified to race. This series may even serve as good practice for you.

That's why I'm asking for (honest) opinions - I'm enjoying it, and I'm getting quicker and more consistent. I don't mind being the slowest driver, but I do mind being the idiot who costs someone the race (I don't think I'm that bad, however!)
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent on Sun 22 Mar - 11:51

Scautura wrote:
    Jimmy Broadbent wrote:It's up to you tbh Chris. You were inside the 110% rule which means you qualified to race. This series may even serve as good practice for you.

That's why I'm asking for (honest) opinions - I'm enjoying it, and I'm getting quicker and more consistent. I don't mind being the slowest driver, but I do mind being the idiot who costs someone the race (I don't think I'm that bad, however!)

As long as you don't take anyone else, we don't have any problems with you racing Smile

Oscar Hardwick
    Admin

Post by Oscar Hardwick on Sun 22 Mar - 12:05

Honestly Chris slow or not, you caused no issues when I met you on track and were always acting attentive to faster cars near to you. Frankly I think you should carry on because you seem a good guy and conduct yourself really quite well on the circuit. Smile

Edit : woo win etc... Good racing guys Smile

Last edited by Oscar Hardwick on Sun 22 Mar - 12:09; edited 1 time in total
    Adam Clarkson

Post by Adam Clarkson on Sun 22 Mar - 12:08

Scautura wrote:couldn't get out of the way before Adam Clarkson came around the corner - Sorry Adam! I felt it best to hold still until you came past so you could figure out which way to go

No problem dude! I was pretty much in last place already by that point haha. I just saw a car sideways and thought Oh, poor fella. Sad

Seriously though I hope you continue racing. We will only get better Wink
    Nicolas Hillebrand

Post by Nicolas Hillebrand on Sun 22 Mar - 12:10

I don't have any problems with Chris racing. He is not the slowest driver, he is driving fair and the time I lapped him (I think it was 1 time anyway) he let me through without any problems and wasn't even close to touching me. Keep on racing Very Happy

I hope I didn't cause too many people trouble with my spin on lap 2 in turns 11 and 12, was a silly mistake. Other than that I thought it was nice race, only got lapped by Oscar once so I am happy Very Happy
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sun 22 Mar - 16:04

First post updated with stewards report thus far. If there is anything you want looking into, please PM me before midnight GMT. Smile

TeroD

Post by TeroD on Sun 22 Mar - 16:42

Adam Clarkson wrote:Unfortunately I got caught out by Tero spinning in turn 11 on the second lap and had nowhere to go (sorry mate).
    Yeah, I was sloppy and hit the inside curb hard and lost it. You were too close to do anything about it. Sorry Sad
    Adam Clarkson

Post by Adam Clarkson on Sun 22 Mar - 20:06

TeroD wrote:
    Adam Clarkson wrote:Unfortunately I got caught out by Tero spinning in turn 11 on the second lap and had nowhere to go (sorry mate).
    Yeah, I was sloppy and hit the inside curb hard and lost it. You were too close to do anything about it. Sorry Sad
    all good, homie Razz
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin on Sun 22 Mar - 20:22

Scautura wrote:As the mobile chicane at the back of the pack, I feel I need to offer to drop out if I'm causing too many issues (I'm not a quitter - I'm not going to drop out otherwise as I'm enjoying pushing myself in a car I've got very little experience of!) I don't think I caused many problems, but I'd like to hear other people's point of view.

I'm not a good open wheel driver - in fact, I've made it very clear that I hate open wheelers. That said, I felt it was worth giving a try and getting out of my comfort zone. At the moment, I'm not quick, and I make a lot of mistakes. If I've ended up off the circuit and there are people behind me, I'd rather stay out of the way and wait until they're past me before I get back on. That's not always possible (I had a moment where I spun in the middle of the circuit and couldn't get out of the way before Adam Clarkson came around the corner - Sorry Adam! I felt it best to hold still until you came past so you could figure out which way to go) but I do try. I also had a moment where I botched my braking and almost collected Jimmy as he was lapping me (you can see it on his recording).

I did have issues with Trackmap showing people all over the place (I'm assuming this was down to the lag issues) so although I was trying to be aware of cars around me, it didn't always help.

I feel like I did better here than at Magny Cours (even with much less practice) in lap times. I'm still crap though affraid

You've finished both races so far, something not everyone has managed, and on pretty tough tracks might I add! The more laps you do, the more consistent you'll get. You can be sure that nobody here wants you to drop out. Smile
    AdamT

Post by AdamT on Sun 22 Mar - 22:53

Sorry Richard Allen for hitting you on the first lap, just out braked myself and collected you in the process. My fault. Sad
    ChardAllen

Post by ChardAllen on Sun 22 Mar - 23:11

No worries Smile These things happen Smile

Rhys Gardiner

Post by Rhys Gardiner on Fri 27 Mar - 20:47

Finally got internet access in NZ, so for those who haven't seen it here is my perspective of round 1.

Nicolas Hillebrand

Post by Nicolas Hillebrand on Fri 27 Mar - 21:35

Great video Rhys Very Happy You could see my spin on lap 2 from your perspective haha
    Lewis McGlade

Post by Lewis McGlade on Sun 29 Mar - 16:47

Standings after Round 1 (Hope all is correct)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov - 6:28