SAN MARINO GP - ROUND 3 - 11TH APRIL

BackmarkerX

Re: SAN MARINO GP - ROUND 3 - 11TH APRIL

Post by BackmarkerX on Thu 9 Apr - 22:53

Good new tire model, put in some laps that I thought were pretty good. Then saw I was 3 seconds off pace to the other guy in the session. This is a league for aliens, I'm not sure really belong here, heh.
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Thu 9 Apr - 23:31

As long as people are clean, stay out of trouble and aren't complete dicks, everyone is welcome, Slade. Smile It doesn't matter if people are fast, slow, somewhere in the middle. The important thing is you enjoy yourself. SROL has always been about the enjoyment of what we're doing. Sure, we all want to do well, but if you've had fun in the process, that's the main thing.
    Scautura

Post by Scautura on Fri 10 Apr - 4:56

Believe me Slade, if I'm here, then you deserve to be here! I'm probably in the same region as you (I would have been fighting with you in Australia if you didn't blow up your brakes) so I'll happily make myself a green menace in your mirrors at the next race (not Imola)!

Pnerd

Post by Pnerd on Fri 10 Apr - 5:22

BackmarkerX wrote:Good new tire model, put in some laps that I thought were pretty good.  Then saw I was 3 seconds off pace to the other guy in the session.  This is a league for aliens, I'm not sure really belong here, heh.

I understand how you feel. I'm working to become a top 10 guy and then try to compete with the racers who score points. This race is going to be nuts because of the kitty litter and the track, so if you keep it on track, you will have a strong result.

BackmarkerX

Post by BackmarkerX on Fri 10 Apr - 5:28

Pnerd wrote:
    BackmarkerX wrote:Good new tire model, put in some laps that I thought were pretty good.  Then saw I was 3 seconds off pace to the other guy in the session.  This is a league for aliens, I'm not sure really belong here, heh.

I understand how you feel.  I'm working to become a top 10 guy and then try to compete with the racers who score points.  This race is going to be nuts because of the kitty litter and the track, so if you keep it on track, you will have a strong result.

Man, it's gotta be fun to just be in the top 10! Wink

Pnerd

Post by Pnerd on Fri 10 Apr - 5:43

I have to finish a race 1st:)
    emennocchi

Post by emennocchi on Fri 10 Apr - 13:47

That's my goal also... finish the race, without crashing and not being a pain in the neck for the fastest guys.

Don't want to leave a bad 1st impression...

Cool

TeroD

Post by TeroD on Sat 11 Apr - 9:01

My car, the #10 Williams is free for this race

Alejandro Fernandez

Post by Alejandro Fernandez on Sat 11 Apr - 9:09

So Am I able to take the Williams?

Alejandro Fernandez - #10 Williams
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sat 11 Apr - 11:17

If you feel you can be prepared and be safe, go for it.
    Nicolas Hillebrand

Post by Nicolas Hillebrand on Sat 11 Apr - 11:18

well I already know that Ale won't pull stunts in quali and practice like our forum tracker in Interlagos Wink
    Maidenhell

Post by Maidenhell on Sat 11 Apr - 18:30

I know this is super late notice but I just got a call from my work saying that I had to go in, so if someone wants my seat for this race they can take it -- #9 Williams

lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica on Sat 11 Apr - 19:22

Ill try if I still can, 10min on quali left! #9 Williams - Luka Grm!

lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica on Sat 11 Apr - 19:43

Welp, lets wait for next round then Crying or Very sad
    Ryan Reed-Edwards

Post by Ryan Reed-Edwards on Sat 11 Apr - 20:38

Didn't have time to run a single lap of the track before today. I guess this is just what happens.

BackmarkerX

Post by BackmarkerX on Sat 11 Apr - 22:38

I clipped the very right rear of Hawks while locking up into the last chicane. (With 47/53 brakes, HOORAH!) and wanted to apologize for that. Not sure if I spun him, but I did get him enough to take off my wing.

Pnerd

Post by Pnerd on Sun 12 Apr - 0:06

BackmarkerX wrote:I clipped the very right rear of Hawks while locking up into the last chicane.  (With 47/53 brakes, HOORAH!) and wanted to apologize for that.  Not sure if I spun him, but I did get him enough to take off my wing.

It is all good. Made the race more interesting.
    Nicolas Hillebrand

Post by Nicolas Hillebrand on Sun 12 Apr - 0:36

Insane race, loads of great battles, was lots of fun Smile Hope I can finally get rid of penalties at Silverstone and get such good fun again Very Happy

BackmarkerX

Post by BackmarkerX on Sun 12 Apr - 4:35

Pnerd wrote:
    BackmarkerX wrote:I clipped the very right rear of Hawks while locking up into the last chicane.  (With 47/53 brakes, HOORAH!) and wanted to apologize for that.  Not sure if I spun him, but I did get him enough to take off my wing.

It is all good.  Made the race more interesting.

We were having a great battle, would have been even better if I didnt ruin it.
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sun 12 Apr - 11:44

Race results now available.

Oscar Hardwick
    Admin

Post by Oscar Hardwick on Sun 12 Apr - 18:33

Hurr Durr racing.
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sun 12 Apr - 19:27

Replay now available.

If anyone has any incident reports, please PM myself or Jimmy before 12pm BST (GMT+1) on Tuesday. Smile
    emennocchi

Post by emennocchi on Mon 13 Apr - 2:38

I must admit something: it's though the keep those cars under control for almost an whole hour - specially when you hear the traction control sound, but you cannot actually use it... that's mind-fu**!

Crapy qualify, lost the 2 first fast laps due to stupid errors. After starting in the 14th position, I was able to climb until the 7th position, adopting a 2-stop-strategy (I guess a 1-stop-strategy would be better for me, but I don't think I would finish in a better position than 7th).

Not a bad result for the #7 Jaguar Racing at Imola - looking forward to race agan with you guys!

Cheers!
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin on Mon 13 Apr - 16:26

Richard said it best: 'you were up and down the field like a yo-yo'

Qualified 3rd, got straight into 2nd through turn 1 and forgot my tyres were ice... dropped to 17th after 3 corners. Managed to regain composure and snatch some positions back, running 13th only to underestimate the dirty air push... back down to 15th. I grabbed a few more places back from other peoples mistakes, had another off at Rivazza and had to catch Richard again. But wait! Let's spin at Villeneuve! Back into 15th.

^ all of this happened during the first 5 laps.

After remembering how to drive, I began my overtaking montage. Up to 5th at the end of my first stint. Rejoined 8th with a large pocket of clear air. Got within 2 seconds of Hillebrand as I pitted for my final stop and managed to stay ahead of Bailey.

Hillebrand pitted and came out right in front of me, game on. After lining up a move through the Rivazzas for several laps, a wild Oscar appeared, about to lap us. Went for it around the outside, almost pulled it off. Side by side the whole time!

We both entered the final chicane awkwardly, but it was done. Engage run_away.exe

Finally, I finish on the podium! Props to Jimmy for salvaging 6th after a bullshit roll at the final chicane. #JordanForConstructorsChampionship

TL;DR: 3rd to 2nd to 17th to 13th to 15th to 10th to 15th in 5 laps. Recover to 3rd from there.

Why do I make it hard for myself?
    Ryan Reed-Edwards

Post by Ryan Reed-Edwards on Tue 14 Apr - 0:45

I was busy all week with school so I didn't have time to practice, which lead to my track knowledge and setup being horrible. Could barely make consecutive laps without crashing in practice. Felt like a much shorter practice session than it was for me. Decided to play it safe and go for 1 stop on hards. Also decided to max the front wing because I had no idea what else to do.

All of a sudden it was time for Q. Was an absolute disaster. I beat my Q time by .4 sec in the race if that says anything. Think I only got 2 clean laps in and was running too much fuel. Qualified 19th.

Found a great place to hold the rpm's on race start during warmup. Gained me at least 4 positions straight off the start. Got lucky and a lot of people crashed in front of me, gaining me more positions. I think my highest was 9th. I quickly realized that most people around me were going for a 2 stop, so I'd be even further ahead by the end. Had a bit of a tap from Mills when he tried to get by me in turn 12 because I didn't think it was possible for a car to take that corner so sharp. I intended to let him by on the next straight.

Things were going pretty well all things considered. Then I got caught on the curb on the downhill section after turn 11, which destabilized the car and sent me flying into a wall. The resulting crash gave me 12 incidents on its own.

It was fun, though I wish I could have finished. Will make sure to put some more time into this week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep - 23:14