AUSTRIAN GP - ROUND 5 - 25TH APRIL

Alejandro Fernandez

Re: AUSTRIAN GP - ROUND 5 - 25TH APRIL

Post by Alejandro Fernandez on Sat 25 Apr - 10:39

The #21 Minardi will be free today, I got a flight to catch late tonight.

Pnerd

Post by Pnerd on Sat 25 Apr - 16:28

BackmarkerX wrote:Make the #23 BAR available again, sadly. Sad

This version of the track is throwing the wheel out of my hands with FFB and I refuse to race with my FFB turned off.  Matt had the same issue at Imola and I saw what he had to go through so I am just not even going to try to race.  It would be WAY unsafe for me to be out there...

Huh?
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin on Sat 25 Apr - 17:41

Internet has an hour to straighten up and stop being a waste of my fucking money. If it doesn't then I'm not racing.
    Maidenhell

Post by Maidenhell on Sat 25 Apr - 19:58

Ahh crap. Went into Turn 3 and lost the rear end. Sorry to Clarkson if I gave you a scare -- didn't look like I touched you.
    Adam Clarkson

Post by Adam Clarkson on Sun 26 Apr - 10:20

Maidenhell wrote:Ahh crap. Went into Turn 3 and lost the rear end. Sorry to Clarkson if I gave you a scare -- didn't look like I touched you.
    Ah no probs bro. I dont even remember that haha tongue turn one went surprising well I thought, nice job everyone.

steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sun 26 Apr - 12:06

Results and replay at the bottom of the first post.
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sun 26 Apr - 12:13

One of these races I'll finally hook everything up. Ended up running the hards after not liking the feel of the soft. Think I was one of, at most 2-3 people that ran the hard in the end. Had the pace to do a 1:09.3 in Q, but as has been the case for most of the season, just not quite been able to do the times I can do. As for the race, I managed what was certainly the best start I've had this season, then promptly binned the gains coming out of T1 with a massive moment, dropping me to ninth. My hope was that my hard would hang on much better at the end of the stint than the guys doing a single stop with the soft. Whilst this came to fruition, I was too far away to really do anything with it, in addition to bent rear suspension after a bump with Scott then Anders at T1 on lap 6. Fourth was certainly more than I was expecting after being in ninth with bent suspension through the first stint!

All in all though, getting closer to where I'd like it to be. Just hoping for a truly clean race with a car I'm happy with. Onwards and upwards!

Sounds like there was some AMAZING racing at the front of the field between, Ian, Matt and Kyran. Videos please! :p

duffyc87

Post by duffyc87 on Sun 26 Apr - 17:16

#16 Sauber Petronas - Conor Duffy
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Sun 26 Apr - 17:17

Conor, you know the race was yesterday right? Wink
    Ryan Reed-Edwards

Post by Ryan Reed-Edwards on Sun 26 Apr - 17:18

I had the 2nd best sector 1 in race if that counts for anything.

I just had no idea what pit strategy to go with or how to tune the car for the track no matter how much testing I did. I dunno, maybe this league isn't for me.
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin on Sun 26 Apr - 20:07

On the run up to qualifying, everything that could've gone wrong did go wrong. First the freezing a few days earlier, then as final practice rolls in I get 600ms ping to the server. After 5 router resets (yes, literally 5.) and 2 PC restarts I was so pissed off I temporarily rage-quit life.

Luckily, Internet Service Provider who shall not be named, figuratively pulled their fingers out and everything was just peachy again. Except my nerves, and the tilt and stuff. Smile

Managed 4th in qualifying, got a semi-decent launch and didn't hit anyone in turn 1. Had to and I quote, 'defend like a lord' from Hillebrand again, but once I broke away it was good. Had a front row seat for 'Mills vs. Richards -  22 lap Battle Royale' keeping a steady gap of 2-3 seconds. Managed to get the jump on Richards in the pitlane, and came out just ahead of Mills. How exciting!

With the Battle Royale resuming, I engaged run_away.exe and started to create a small gap. Eventually Mills got past Richards and stayed there, immediately starting to pump in massive times.

Pro tip: If you want to drive as fast and as consistently as your limp body will allow, just let Mills chase you down. Smile

Held on for about 7 laps, had some insane wheel-to-wheel racing resulting in a lot of shouting, but Mills confirmed '3 stronk 5 me' eventually passing me out of turn 3.

Didn't stop me from posting some quick laps and a PB, but even with that Mills pulled a 6 second gap by the end.

TL;DR - Various acts of bullshit, Kyran so salty, Started 4th, finished 3rd, Podium donuts, *sunglasses* Deal with it.  Cool  

Absolutely one of the best races I've been in.

duffyc87

Post by duffyc87 on Tue 28 Apr - 21:19

Lol, sorry, i thought this was the next race.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 24 Sep - 13:56