John Bacho
    Admin

ROUND TWO Preview -- July 20th @ Nürburgring

Post by John Bacho on Tue 16 Jul - 18:20

SIM RACE ONLINE GT3
    SEASON 1 - ROUND 2
    July 20th @ Nürburgring GP

INTRO

Guten tag meine Freunde! Round 2 of the SROL GT3 Championship is soon upon us. This time we're off to an old and moldy circuit (in rFactor terms), ISI's "Nuerburg GP". As far as the ISI tracks go it still holds up well for racing. I just wish there was a scratch made or laser scanned version Sad. Compared to the other circuits on the calendar, the grip is a tad slippy. Unlike the point & squirt nature of Monza, lots of spring rate, anti-rollbar and downforce settings will be tinkered with throughout the week.

It's tough to bet against Anders Nilsson and Stephen Baliey fighting for pole and victory here, but there may be some surprises from the Porsche driving Swedes of Göran Strandh and Kjell Stenbeck. Tyre wear is always a worry at a circuit with low grip and medium speed corners; Bailey nearly roasted his fronts off in his BMW Z4 at the Laguna Seca test race. Perhaps a lower tyre camber setting is in order?

Bailey enters this round with a 3 point advantage over Nilsson.

STANDINGS

HISTORY

"Do we need to keep writing this section in the native language?"
    "YES!!!!!!!!!!!"

Der Nürburgring ist ein Motorsport-Komplex rund um das Dorf Nürburg, Rheinland-Pfalz, Deutschland. Es liegt etwa 70 km südlich von Köln und 120 km (75 Meilen) nordwestlich von Frankfurt. Es verfügt über eine Grand Prix-Rennstrecke im Jahr 1984 gebaut, und eine viel längere alten "Nordschleife" Spur, die in den 1920er Jahren rund um das Dorf und die mittelalterliche Burg von Nürburg in der Eifel gebaut wurde. Die Nordschleife ist 20,8 km lang und hat mehr als 300 Meter Höhenunterschied von der niedrigsten bis zur höchsten Punkte. Jackie Stewart Spitznamen alten Track "The Green Hell", und es wird allgemein als die anspruchsvollste und schwierig Zweck gebauten Rennstrecke der Welt zu sein.

Ursprünglich kennzeichnete die Strecke vier Konfigurationen: die 28.265 km lange Gesamtstrecke, die wiederum von der 22.810 km Nordschleife bestand, und die 7.747 km Südschleife. Es war auch ein 2.281 km warm-up Schleife aufgerufen Zielschleife oder Betonschleife, um den Pit-Bereiches.

Der neue Nürburgring wurde 1984 abgeschlossen und rief GP-Strecke. Es wurde gebaut, um die höchsten Sicherheitsstandards gerecht zu werden, wurde aber im Charakter als ein bloßer Schatten ihrer älteren Geschwister. Einige Fans, die viel weiter weg von der Strecke sitzen hatte, nannte es Eifelring, Ersatzring, Grünen Ring oder ähnliches, zu glauben, es nicht verdient zu nennen Nürburgring werden.

Die neue Schaltungsanordnung auch einen Merkmal vieler der Schaltungen zum Zeitpunkt, da es einige Möglichkeiten zum Überholen angeboten.

NOTES

• There are a different lines into the first corner. The race start will be more about getting through cleanly than trying to do your optimum line. Please try to avoid going three-wide here, it might be wide in the braking zone,  but it quickly tightens up at the apex.
    • Refer to the cutting rules below. It might appear that I'm being generous, especially in Turn 4, but those allowable areas are frequently used for the racing line in many real life series.

TIMES

17:00 GMT -- Official Practise begins
    19:00 GMT -- Qualifying (12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern)
    19:15 GMT -- Warmup
    19:25 GMT -- Feature Race -- 23 laps
    20:05 GMT -- Warmup*
    20:15 GMT -- Sprint Race* -- 10 laps

* Times are approximate & subject to change depending on technical issues, drivers finishing and small differences in race length.

Last edited by John Bacho on Sun 13 Oct - 22:24; edited 8 times in total
    John Bacho
    Admin

Youbentuben

Post by John Bacho on Tue 16 Jul - 18:20

Last edited by John Bacho on Tue 16 Jul - 22:05; edited 6 times in total
    John Bacho
    Admin

Technical bits

Post by John Bacho on Tue 16 Jul - 18:21

Justin52

Re: ROUND TWO Preview -- July 20th @ Nürburgring

Post by Justin52 on Tue 16 Jul - 19:30

Sadly will be missing this one Sad
    Nick Woodbury

Post by Nick Woodbury on Wed 17 Jul - 0:02

Looking forward to this one! Hopefully my experience in the VLN leagues will pay off for the GP circuit.

Hopefully I wont (by instinct) at some point, take the sharp left before the final corner and onto the Nordschleife. lol!
    Someguy 1

Post by Someguy 1 on Sat 20 Jul - 3:38

Workin' tomorrow
    jabber09

Post by jabber09 on Sat 20 Jul - 16:27

Sorry for the short notice, have to work this afternoon.

Chris James

Post by Chris James on Sat 20 Jul - 19:43

Wife got called in, had to watch the baby. Sorry to miss this one. See you next week.
    Nick Woodbury

Post by Nick Woodbury on Sat 20 Jul - 21:02

Good race, see you at Spa for the 1.5 Hours!
    Göran Strandh

Post by Göran Strandh on Sat 20 Jul - 21:31

The feature race was fun, at least the first laps. I managed to get P2 3 tenths behind Anders Nilsson and just 0.009 ahead of Kjelle Smile
    The start was a bit tricky, Kjelle got away good and I saw he tried to overtake on a few spots the first lap. I tried to catch up with Anders at first, i was faster on the middle sector but he was faster on the last sector. I thought I might had a chance to stay close to take advantage if he did a mistake wich he of course didnt.
    Kjelle came fast from behind and I had to drive defensive for a while - was a fun battle - but it also lead to that Anders could leave us behind. Kjelle unfortunately did a mistake on his own and was off track and lost 4-5 seconds on that. I had to long up to Anders and safe distance to Kjelle so I just focused on bringing the car home wich i managed to do. No stuttering in this race and a P2 as result. Im happe with that result.
    The sprint race was a short one for me. T-boned a standing car on track that i didnt saw until it was way to late so had to dnf that one.
    Rino

Post by Rino on Sat 20 Jul - 23:10

sry guys but it's been so crazy here latley.I will try and get on and practice for the next one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul - 2:35