Beam NG's "Drive"

Someguy 1

Beam NG's "Drive"

Post by Someguy 1 on Sun 4 Aug - 11:29

This is potentially the greatest thing to ever happen in driving simulators.  I fell in love with the demo.

http://www.beamng.com/drive/

And despite how unbelievably complicated it must be, it runs very well on my pc.

And even better...it's moddable.  People are already making cars and tracks for it right now.  Someone's even put trains in the game.  TRAINS....

Last edited by Someguy 1 on Wed 7 Aug - 7:28; edited 1 time in total
    Someguy 1

Re: Beam NG's "Drive"

Post by Someguy 1 on Wed 7 Aug - 6:21

My first night with the demo.  Best part is 33 minutes into the video.  Bacho encouraged me to keep jumping until it broke.  After flipping it over Garth noticed that the driveshaft was not only spinning, but the rear axle was shuddering due to a broken gear, resulting in a loss of rear drive.  Then we got distracted by the movement of the control arms up front.

http://www.twitch.tv/someguy_1/b/440577896

That first night we also learned that the game simulates the electronics, and that all of the dashboard lights work.  In recent days I've found out that all major liquids are simulated (oil, fuel, ect.) and the corresponding led will light up on the dash when those liquids are low, although leaks and spills aren't physically shown.

It's just...incredible what they've done here. Considering the progress made in just 10 months, I can't imagine where this will be another year from now.
    Nick Woodbury

Post by Nick Woodbury on Wed 7 Aug - 19:08

Incredible game, incredible physics. Image what the future will hold for this kind of gameplay.
    nabil abusharr

Post by nabil abusharr on Sun 11 Aug - 13:16

I downloaded the tech demo but cant get my wheel and pedals to work.

Chris James

Post by Chris James on Sun 11 Aug - 17:14

If you check the forum, a user may have created a controller file for what you use. I found one for the T500, but not for the clubsport pedals, so I had a wheel with no pedals. I saw that someone made a controller file for my old DFGT, so I've been using it. Do a search at the forum for your wheel model. And remember, if you get it working, you must press SHIFT + B to turn the funky steering off. This is truly a blast with a wheel, and worth many hours of entertainment.
    Nick Woodbury

Post by Nick Woodbury on Sun 11 Aug - 23:45

At this moment. I simply use my arrow keys on my keyboard.

Hehe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jul - 10:43