John Bacho
    Admin

FINAL ROUND SIX Preview -- August 17th @ Bathurst

Post by John Bacho on Fri 16 Aug - 20:09

SIM RACE ONLINE GT3
    SEASON 1 - FINAL ROUND 6
    August 17th @ Bathurst

INTRO

[justify]G'day mate! So here we are at the final race! Are you excited? ARE YOU?! Watch out for kangaroos at the top of the mountain, don't say you're anything but a Ford or Holden fan, bring lots of beer (not Fosters) and get ready to tackle one of the greatest circuits this world has to offer!

Notice I said tackle, not pinball. Because, well...that's an easy thing to do here. There's so many high-speed blind corners and elevation changes that can royally fuck you up. Not just you, but anyone behind ya! It's one of those tracks where you can't tip-toe or take it easy, that's where you go wrong! Just keep up the momentum and try to fly through!

Even though the championship has been won by the Viking Swede, that doesn't mean you should avoid the last race! Show up and give this version of the mod a proper send off. We'll be going to the NEW version of Blancpain GT3, v1.2, for the next season!

HISTORY

Mount Panorama, Motor Racing Circuit Bathurst (or often simply Bathurst) is a motor racing track located in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. It is the home of the Bathurst 12 Hour motor race, held each February, and the Bathurst 1000 motor race, held each October. The track is 6.213 km (4 mi) long, and is technically a street circuit, as the circuit is a public road when no racing events are being run, and there are many residences which can only be accessed from the circuit.

The track is an unusual design by modern standards, with a 174 metre (570 foot) vertical difference between its highest and lowest points, and grades as steep as 1:6.13. From the start-finish line, the track can be viewed in three sections; the short pit straight and then a tight left turn into the long, steep Mountain straight; the tight, narrow section across the top of the mountain itself; and then the long, downhill section of Conrod Straight, with the very fast Chase and the turn back onto pit straight to complete the lap.

Historically, the racetrack has been used for a wide variety of racing categories, including everything from open-wheel racers to motorcycles. However, the factors that make the track so unusual, and tighter contemporary safety standards, make it unlikely that major race meetings in these categories will be held there again, and as such it has become the near-exclusive province of closed-bodied automobile racing cars.

NOTES

• Standing start this time!
    • Standard cutting rules apply. Maybe at Skyline (before the Dipper), people might cut through the sand, but it'll be more of a 'holy fuck, please don't die' kind of move rather than a spot to gain time.
    • Steve Davis (Monza) and Jon Backof (Road Atlanta) have to serve their 5-grid place penalties. Chris James (Road Atlanta) will start at the back of the grid.

TIMES

17:00 GMT -- Official Practise begins
    19:00 GMT -- Qualifying (12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern)
    19:15 GMT -- Warmup
    19:25 GMT -- Feature Race -- 21 laps
    20:10 GMT -- Warmup*
    20:20 GMT -- Sprint Race* -- 10 laps

* Times are approximate & subject to change depending on technical issues, drivers finishing and small differences in race length.

Last edited by John Bacho on Sun 13 Oct - 22:25; edited 4 times in total
    John Bacho
    Admin

youtube links, ya dipstick.

Post by John Bacho on Fri 16 Aug - 20:11

Last edited by John Bacho on Sat 17 Aug - 1:59; edited 1 time in total

Chris James

Re: FINAL ROUND SIX Preview -- August 17th @ Bathurst

Post by Chris James on Sat 17 Aug - 1:56

Can't make it tomorrow.  Gonna be at the gun show getting my new .45. (YeeHAW!)  Let me know if you want me to pick you up some guns while I'm there.  Very Happy Have fun guys.
    Nick Woodbury

Post by Nick Woodbury on Sat 17 Aug - 3:40

Chris James wrote:Can't make it tomorrow.  Gonna be at the gun show getting my new .45. (YeeHAW!)  Let me know if you want me to pick you up some guns while I'm there.  Very Happy  Have fun guys.

I always find myself getting a hard on when I see the M1 Garand. If they have one at the convention, you know what to do! bounce 
    John Bacho
    Admin

Post by John Bacho on Sat 17 Aug - 4:43

M1's are NOT cheap unfortunately. It wasn't long ago that ya could get one for $800. Now? Oy.

Which .45 are you getting Chris? Or hell, just post a pic when ya get it. 'Merica: Land of the firearms!

scott ring

Post by scott ring on Sat 17 Aug - 15:38

Hey guys, I'll try the #91 MP4 if you have room.
    John Bacho
    Admin

Post by John Bacho on Sat 17 Aug - 16:01

Hey Scott! We should have room for you. If for some crazy reason we're at 21 out of 20 drivers, we'll have to give priority to someone that signed up. But I honestly don't think that will happen. Have fun out there!

Chris James

Post by Chris James on Sun 18 Aug - 22:36

John Bacho wrote:M1's are NOT cheap unfortunately. It wasn't long ago that ya could get one for $800. Now? Oy.

Which .45 are you getting Chris? Or hell, just post a pic when ya get it. 'Merica: Land of the firearms!
    My dad got his M1 10 years ago for $450 by joining the Texas State Rifle Association.  It was a beast.

They didn't have the .45 I wanted, so I came home empty handed. Sad   However, our President must have issued an Executive Order requiring a gun show in the greater Houston area every weekend, because there is one every weekend now.  Maybe it wasn't an EO, but I'm sure he's responsible for it. Rolling Eyes So, next weekend I'll try again.  I'm looking for either a Kimber Ultra Carry TLE or a Sig Sauer Ultra Compact.  Pics below.  Wish me luck.

Cam Porter

Post by Cam Porter on Sat 24 Aug - 18:14

I can't make the race today. Sorry. Sad

Edit: Oh wait. There is no race this week. Not thinking straight. Embarassed 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul - 2:34