Tire performance and wear info

Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Tire performance and wear info

Post by Jimmy Broadbent on Sun 16 Feb - 5:53

As you've probably noticed there are two dry compounds to choose from in this mod. Hard and soft.

Kyran, Bailey and I did some testing earlier at the Hungaroring to see how long each compound would last + gauge the difference in performance. For myself, there was about a 0.5 - 1.0 second difference in favour of the softs (thankfully!) Wear was a similar story with the hards lasting 26 laps and the softs managing 19, very nearly 20. Whilst this might sound obvious, it's worth testing. We've encountered mods that have had odd behaving tires before.

Driving style also comes into play. Bailey (who is notoriously bad on his tires) had bigger issues with wear, having to pit after 18 laps on the softs.

With the current format (60% distance) there is likely going to be a split between 1 and 2 stop strategies...YIIIISSS

Plan dem strats boys!

P.S 5:52 AM post so excuse fail spelling/English
    Kyran Parkin

Re: Tire performance and wear info

Post by Kyran Parkin on Wed 19 Feb - 16:23

Tyre wear isn't an issue when you have the mighty Peugeot. KNEEL PEASANT
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent on Wed 19 Feb - 17:39

SHIIIIYYYAAATTTT
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin on Sat 22 Feb - 15:59

Did a 23 lap run on softs yesterday. Started to drop off after lap 19 with a large performance drop after lap 20. Rear tyres take a beating, but it is possible to complete 21+ laps without them completely dying... which happens to be the race distance for today... Wink I'VE GOT THE STRATS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jul - 10:37