Couple of Tips

steviejb
    Admin

Couple of Tips

Post by steviejb on Fri 21 Feb - 13:02

I'm sure most of you will be aware of some of these things, but I figured I'd post them anyway. Smile

1) These cars get hot FAST when using higher revs. You want to make sure you're using an appropriate amount of radiator to stop the car from overheating, not just for general driving, but especially for when you end up stationary for a while (pit stops, stuck in the gravel etc.).

2) For the formation lap, you will want to drive round in 6th gear and follow the 100mph rule. This will help keep your engine cool before lining up on the grid for the race start.

3) At the start, you will want to avoid revving your engine until just before the lights go out, otherwise you risk overheating and blowing your engine.

If anyone else has any helpful hints and tips, feel free to share. Smile

Matthew Allington

Re: Couple of Tips

Post by Matthew Allington on Fri 21 Feb - 15:31

It helps to do your research! Razz Looking into the files will show you, among other things, optimal tyre temps and pressures Wink
    Paul Lonergan

Post by Paul Lonergan on Tue 25 Feb - 4:53

ENTER: n00b time

I'm on steep learning curve at the moment.
    Might someone have some tips (link?) how to best setup for eyefinity?
    I'm from iRacing where i can have each screen rendered seperately - this doesnt seem to be the case on rFactor.

I have been playing with FOV but was hoping also are we able to adjust the height of the in car view?
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb on Tue 25 Feb - 12:15

Eyefinity I can't help with, as I'm a poor peasant. To change your drivers view, you want to map controls for the following four lines:

Adjust Seat Fore
    Adjust Seat Aft
    Adjust Seat Up
    Adjust Seat Down

Once you've mapped those, you can move your view around once you've hit race in the garage. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov - 4:36